en - RE: [sympa-users] sympa-6.2b.9 upgrade issue

  • From: Timothy Dunnington <address@concealed>
  • To: Ray Mathis <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] sympa-6.2b.9 upgrade issue
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 14:34:37 -0500

Ray,

You could be running into some of the other issues I ran in to when getting sympa 6.2b.9 running. I had to build with some specific directory locations, and I fixed two small perl bugs. All of these things had to be correct in order for my sympa service to start.

Here are my build configure options (NOTE: these settings are specific to Ubuntu 14 and probably won't work on CentOS or other distros):

    ./configure --without-smrshdir --with-initdir=/etc/init.d --with-lockdir=/run/lock

If you build on your system, be sure to use the right locations for your system (you'll have to figure that out on your own). You may have to move other directory locations, too; I just can't be sure without looking at your system.

Also, there are two perl modules specific to 6.2b.9 that caused errors for me. I fixed them and have attached the two files for you (hopefully attachments come through). Copy them to the library locations.

They are:

     /home/sympa/bin/Conf.pm
     /home/sympa/bin/Sympa/Tools/Text.pm

Make sure both files are chown sympa:sympa (or whatever user you chose).

I put in bug reports on both of the files above, so the next beta release should fix these. So, again, these are very specific to 6.2b.9, and this is my fix and not the author's fix, meaning I can't vouch for the accuracy of the fix on other systems...but it should work ;)

Tim