en - RE: [sympa-users] One Way Sending

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: Michael Howe <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] One Way Sending
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 20:35:33 +0000

> There's already a feature request about this

(<https://sourcesup.renater.fr/tracker/?func=detail&group_id=23&aid=639&atid
=170>).
> There's a patch there (which applies to sympa 6.1) which we're running in
> production here. It could also do with 'modlist' support, but as that's
not a
> requirement for us here I've not got round to implementing it - but it
> probably shouldn't be too hard.

The 'patch' I've made available at
http://www.steveshipway.org/software/f_sympa.html is more an add-in than a
patch, as it implements both white and modlists by adding an included header
send scenario, which means it doesn't actually patch the Sympa code at all;
just adds scenario, TT2 and web_tt2 customisations by the available hooks.
The white/modlist part is easy; the complex bit is making them editable via
the web interface. However, it would be much better to do
black/mod/whitelist internally to the Sympa code in the same way that
blacklists are currently done.

Whitelist and Modlist are features that have been long implemented by
packages such as MailMan, and their omission in Sympa is a bit of a problem
when it comes to migrating from these legacy packages.

Steve

Steve Shipway
address@concealed
(GNU Terry Pratchett)