en - RE: [sympa-users] One Way Sending

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] One Way Sending
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 04:28:59 +0000

> I don't know what a "modlist" is -- is it a list of users on an otherwise-
> moderated list whose posts should be moderated? If so, it seems silly to
me
> to do this using an extra list; we have a "moderated"
> custom property for each subscriber, restricted to list-owners and
listmasters
> to update. This seems far more sensible, since it is a property of the
> subscription...

A 'modlist' is a list of users whose posting should be queued for
moderation, regardless of the send scenario. This allows you to override an
LDAP-group-based scenario allowing all staff to post so that one particular
staff member gets moderated, for example. We have a couple of specific use
cases for it here.

The idea is that first we drop messages from the blacklist people, then we
queue for moderation if in the modlist, then distribute if in the whitelist,
and finally pass on to the send scenario to decide the action.

Having a custom property on each user to flag them as moderated is an
interesting idea, but it requires the posting user to be a list member,
which might not be the case. I hadn't realised that there was a scenario
test available that let you test custom properties; is it also possible to
prevent users from changing their own moderate flag?

Steve

Steve Shipway
address@concealed
(GNU Terry Pratchett)