en - [sympa-users] help installing in nginx

  • From: Ricardo Kleemann <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] help installing in nginx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 14:07:42 -0700

Hello,

I installed sympa on ubuntu and got it working on apache. I'm trying to transition to nginx and having issues with sympa.

I followed the suggestion on the sympa site for configuring with the following:

        location /sympa {
            fastcgi_pass   unix:/var/run/sympa/wwsympa.socket;
            fastcgi_param  QUERY_STRING       $query_string;
            fastcgi_param  REQUEST_METHOD     $request_method;
            fastcgi_param  CONTENT_TYPE       $content_type;
            fastcgi_param  CONTENT_LENGTH     $content_length;

            fastcgi_split_path_info           ^(/sympa)(.*)$;
            fastcgi_param  PATH_INFO          $fastcgi_path_info;

            fastcgi_param  REQUEST_URI        $request_uri;
            fastcgi_param  REMOTE_ADDR        $remote_addr;
            fastcgi_param  SERVER_NAME        $server_name;
        }

        location /static-sympa {
                alias /usr/local/sympa/static_content;
        }

Now when I attempt to access /sympa on nginx, I get a bad gateway error

When I look for the unix socket, I don't see it under /var/run/sympa

Is there another configuration within sympa itself to create the socket?

The sympa processes are running, but I don't see the socket.

thank you
Ricardo