en - Re: [sympa-users] One Way Sending

  • From: Bertrand Caplet <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] One Way Sending
  • Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 11:42:44 +0100

Hello everyone,

Back in the day, there was a way for Majordomo to allow a remote
address to send an e-mail to a list without that address receiving a
copy of that message as the sending e-mail address was not actually
subscribed to the list. In effect, it was a one-way message
delivery. I need to know if this is possible with Sympa. I currently
host an addon for World of Warcraft over on Google Code but they
recently announced that Google Code would be going away. This has
accelerated my "how am I going to resolve this" to the point that it's
time to ask for some help.

So if you know how to allow a single address (e.g.;
address@concealed ) to send e-mails to a Sympa mailing list
without receiving a copy of the sent message, it would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you.

Brian

Hello Brian,

yes you can surely do that, just add the email on the mailing list and go to Subcriber informations and set :
Reception : don't show my own messages (or something like this, my sympa is in french)

Have a nice day,
--
CHUNKZ.NET - dodgy DIYer and computer technician
Bertrand Caplet, Flers (FR)