en - RE: [sympa-users] One Way Sending

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: Brian Eliassen <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] One Way Sending
  • Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 03:07:31 +0000

> So if you know how to allow a single address (e.g.; codesite-
> address@concealed
> ) to send e-mails to a Sympa mailing list without receiving a copy of the
sent
> message, it would be greatly appreciated.

I can think of four ways to achieve this.

1. Add the email address as a list subscriber, but with the 'nomail'
distribution method. This way - provided list subscribers can post! - it can
send to the list, but will not receive anything.
2. Add the email address as a list editor, but with 'conceal' and 'nomail'.
This will let it post, but not receive any notifications. This is not very
secure, though.
3. Use a customised Send scenario, that does an explicit test for the sender
email address and allows posting.
4. Use Whitelists !

We use (4). To do this, you create a file in your Sympa directory
Sympa/scenari/include.send.header:

title.gettext Process whitelist and modlist, if they exist
search(modlist.txt) smtp,smime -> editorkey,quiet
search(whitelist.txt) smtp,smime -> do_it

Then, create two empty files, sympa/search_filters/modlist.txt and
Sympa/search_filters/whitelist.txt

Now everything is testing against the global whitelist and modlist. In your
list directory, list_data/mylist/search_filters/whitelist.txt you can add
the email address to whitelist and it will be whitelisted for just that
mailing list.

Here, I have a couple of web_tt2 templates and a TT2 lib module that allow
editing of these white/modlists via the standard web interface. See here:
http://steveshipway.org/software/f_sympa.html

Steve Shipway
address@concealed

(GNU Terry Pratchett)