en - Re: [sympa-users] session times out immediately

  • From: Daniel Bidwell <address@concealed>
  • To: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] session times out immediately
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 23:08:55 -0400

On Wed, 2014-05-21 at 21:54 +0000, Steve Shipway wrote:
> > I have a new sympa installation from Ubuntu 14.04 packages. I can login
> via
> > ldap, but the next thing I click on it asks me to log in again. It
> recognizes me
> > as a listmaster, but I can't create a list or manage lists.
>
> Check the clock synchronisation on your workstation and on the Sympa server.
> If they are too far out (more than a few seconds) you can end up with
> invalid cookies and so the login will keep needing to reauthenticate. It
> causes other issues with caching as well.
>
> If these are both correct, then check the cookie_domain as set in your
> wwsympa.conf or robot.conf. Possibly you have the wrong domain and the
> cookie is not being sent on subsequent requests, causing a need for
> reauthentication.

Thanks Steve.

My server and workstation are both setting time from the same server on
campus and are within .1 seconds of each other. Some domain related
lines from sympa.conf are:

sympa.conf:http_host https://sympa.andrews.edu
sympa.conf:domain andrews.edu
sympa.conf:wwsympa_url https://sympa.andrews.edu/wws
sympa.conf:soap_url https://sympa.andrews.edu/sympasoap

and in wwsympa.conf:

wwsympa.conf:cookie_domain andrews.edu
wwsympa.conf:cookie_expire 0
wwsympa.conf:wwsympa_url https://sympa.andrews.edu

With firebug I can see that the cookie value changes with every page
load. The behaviour is the same with http or https.

Can anyone think of anything else that I have missed?

Still looking for a clue.

--
Daniel R. Bidwell | address@concealed
Andrews University | Information Technology Services