en - RE: [sympa-users] session times out immediately

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: Daniel Bidwell <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] session times out immediately
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 21:54:28 +0000

> I have a new sympa installation from Ubuntu 14.04 packages. I can login
via
> ldap, but the next thing I click on it asks me to log in again. It
recognizes me
> as a listmaster, but I can't create a list or manage lists.

Check the clock synchronisation on your workstation and on the Sympa server.
If they are too far out (more than a few seconds) you can end up with
invalid cookies and so the login will keep needing to reauthenticate. It
causes other issues with caching as well.

If these are both correct, then check the cookie_domain as set in your
wwsympa.conf or robot.conf. Possibly you have the wrong domain and the
cookie is not being sent on subsequent requests, causing a need for
reauthentication.

Steve

Steve Shipway
address@concealed