en - Re: [sympa-users] problems with DMARC?

  • From: Erik Olson <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] problems with DMARC?
  • Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2014 08:36:28 +0000

When you say "we", do you mean sympa as a whole, or your site's implementation details?

From what I have read thus far this evening, if the "From:" line is not mangled to remove the original sender "address@concealed", this will cause the reject, because the recipient will check the DMARC records against the From: line.

  - Erik

On 2014-04-07 07:45, Steve Shipway wrote:
If a message has a DMARC header, but is relayed via your list which will change the message, you'll get an invalid DMARC signature and some sites will therefore reject it.

What we do is to strip any incoming DMARC and DKIM headers from messages going to lists using the remove headers option in Sympa.  Then, we add our own DKIM signatures on the way out.

Steve

Steve Shipway
University of Auckland ITS
UNIX Systems Design Lead
address@concealed
Ph: +64 9 373 7599 ext 86487

--
Erik Olson
Proudly joining 21st Century e-mail in 2013