en - RE: [sympa-users] Sympa troubles

  • From: Christian HUTTER <address@concealed>
  • To: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] Sympa troubles
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 14:34:23 +0000

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your answer

-quote-

It really comes down to how you want to manage your mail.  We can’t let Sympa manage our @auckland.ac.nz aliases so they’re handled elsewhere, and we use Postfix regexp aliases to map address@concealed to address@concealed which is then aliased to “|queue address@concealed” by the Sympa-generated aliases.  We also manually add the address@concealed aliases and tell postfix the many domain names handled by this host.

-quote-

This seems to be exactly what I need. But why do you need to map address@concealed to address@concealed ? Can’t I just use address@concealed without doing the regexp part?

We have the redirection from address@concealed to address@concealed in place, so I would need 2 things:

1.       Sympa has to accept incoming mails for address@concealed

2.       Sympa should masquerade the lists as address@concealed

Can I archive 1. by putting the line “domain listserver.domain.com” into sympa.conf (instead of “domain domain.com”) How do I do 2.? By editing the list definition and set internet domain to “domain.com”?

Greetings

Christian