en - Re: [sympa-users] Sympa and S/MIME

  • From: "Steve Shipway" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Sympa and S/MIME
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 00:38:19 +0200

Well, I've made some progress on S/MIME.

It seems that you can only have a list certificate signing messages that are
verifiable in Outlook if you use '-nodetach' as an option to openssl. In the
tools.pm file, in the smime_sign() function, you need to add '-nodetach' to
the openssl command line. Then, the resulting signed messages verify
correctly in Outlook as well as other mail readers. Unfortunately, it means
that they are unreadable in non-SMIME mail readers... maybe we can get more
options to smime in Sympa to control this?

I still have no luck making encryption work, though :(. I'd love to hear back
from someone who has managed it.

Steve
---
Steve Shipway