en - [sympa-users] IE fails redirecting to urlized files with special characters

  • From: Alfonso Marín Marín <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] IE fails redirecting to urlized files with special characters
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 09:20:04 +0200

Hello,

We have some lists with urlized mode activated for all users and authenticated archive access. In this scenario when the file name has special characters( ie, accented letters like ó), some versions of IE (tested in version 7 and 8) can't access the archive after authentication success. This is an example:

- Sympa urlize a file attached a mail, with the name Tablón.pdf
- After clicking the urlized link, the mail client open up the IE browser, and Sympa shows the authentication access error.
- After authenticate, the user is redirected to the original URL to download the file, but the browser try to download Tabln.pdf, not Tablón.pdf

Others browsers like Firefox, Chrome or even IE 9 works fine.

Checking HTTP headers, I can see that Sympa generates the Location header without URL encoding, and I think this is an error, and it would be safer if Sympa ensure URL encoding in this header.

I have patched the do_redirect function of wwsympa.fcgi to ensure the URL encoding for all redirections (patch attached), and now it works for all browsers.

Do you have better solution? Could it be added as official patch?

Thanks in advance.

Alfonso

--
Alfonso Marín Marín
Sección de Telemática - ATICA

  • [sympa-users] IE fails redirecting to urlized files with special characters, Alfonso Marín Marín, 09/25/2012