en - Re: [sympa-users] controlling who can approve lists

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] controlling who can approve lists
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 10:37:38 +0100

Hi Matt,

Le 10/01/12 01:50, Matt Taggart a écrit :
Hi sympa-users,

I would like to be able to have a group of "pending list request reviewers"
that do not have all the rights of listmasters. I want them to be able to
view the "pending lists" web page, be able to view requests, and
approve/reject them, but not do anything else a listmaster can do.

I have read

http://www.sympa.org/manual/list-creation

and about the create_list parameter. For create_list we're currently using
the create_list.public_listmaster scenai which reads

title.gettext anybody by validation by listmaster required

is_listmaster([sender]) md5,smime -> do_it
true() smtp,md5,smime -> listmaster,notify

could I just add something in the middle like

equal([sender], 'address@concealed') md5,smime -> do_it

or maybe use a custom parameter to define a list of approvers and then
reference it?

Would something like that be enough to also let the user view the pending
lists page?
Unfortunately not.
What you propose would allow users to create a list, but not to see the list of pendind creation requests.
Visualizing this page implies that you execute the "get_pending_list" action which is controlled solely on the fact that somebody is listmaster or not. This is NOT scenarion controlled but hard-coded.
In order to un-hard-code it, we should modify wwsympa.fcgi.in (removing the entry regarding this action in the "%required_privileges" hash) and base the execution of this action on the valuation of the "create_list" scenario.
It is a lightweight action, but I'm not sure whether we need to do it or not.
I guess your need is shared among a lot of people in the list but I would just have somme feedback to make sure it is usefulle before changing the default behaviour.
So please guys, express yourself: tell me if you need this feature. I would do it if I'm convinced this the correct step to take. Vox populi, vox dei. ;)
I notice that the web_tt2/*_pending_list*.tt2 templated have
some

[% IF is_listmaster %]

in them. Maybe those would need changes too?

Is doing something like this possible? (and would it be an interesting
feature for more than just me?)
Yes it is possible but probably in another form.
It is certainly usefull to other people. All the admins that need to delegate list activation to manager which have nothing to do with technical stuff, which means probably a lot of people.

Cheers,

David

Thanks,