en - [sympa-users] controlling who can approve lists

  • From: Matt Taggart <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] controlling who can approve lists
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 16:50:39 -0800

Hi sympa-users,

I would like to be able to have a group of "pending list request reviewers"
that do not have all the rights of listmasters. I want them to be able to
view the "pending lists" web page, be able to view requests, and
approve/reject them, but not do anything else a listmaster can do.

I have read

http://www.sympa.org/manual/list-creation

and about the create_list parameter. For create_list we're currently using
the create_list.public_listmaster scenai which reads

title.gettext anybody by validation by listmaster required

is_listmaster([sender]) md5,smime -> do_it
true() smtp,md5,smime -> listmaster,notify

could I just add something in the middle like

equal([sender], 'address@concealed') md5,smime -> do_it

or maybe use a custom parameter to define a list of approvers and then
reference it?

Would something like that be enough to also let the user view the pending
lists page? I notice that the web_tt2/*_pending_list*.tt2 templated have
some

[% IF is_listmaster %]

in them. Maybe those would need changes too?

Is doing something like this possible? (and would it be an interesting
feature for more than just me?)

Thanks,

--
Matt Taggart