en - Re: [sympa-users] Are plus sign (+) valid in lists name?

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Are plus sign (+) valid in lists name?
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 13:52:38 +0100

Hi,

I don't observe this behaviour with the version 6.1 of Sympa.
Does it happen for any adminstration page or only vertain pages?

Cheers,

David

Le 04/01/12 17:26, address@concealed a écrit :
Hello,

I'm experiencing wwsympa.pl freeze when browsing on the administration pages
of a list using plus signs (+) in its name. The first administration page
displays correctly, but then wwsympa.pl seems to enter an infinite loop (the
process continues to run) and any subsequent request is dropped.

It takes more than restarting the web server to recover from this crash, the
identification cookie on the user side needs to be deleted too. Probably the
list name is still present in one session variable. Renaming the list and
removing all + signs solved the problem.

But the list creation interface doesn't prevent new list to use the plus sign
again. Is this a valid character to be used in list names? If not, then why
is not caught by the list creating interface?

We're using the 6.0.1 Debian version of Sympa with the fastCGI module. The
list behaved correctly in the 5.x Sympa serie. Do any of you have experienced
this behaviour? Looking at the Changelog file, I don't see any sign of a bug
of this kind being solved in the newer versions, should I fill a bug report?

Thanks for any help,

Antoine.