en - Re: [sympa-users] Internal server error "Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet' bytes"

  • From: Remo Del Bello <address@concealed>
  • To: Dan Pritts <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Internal server error "Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet' bytes"
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 16:38:31 -0700

On May 26, 2011, at 12:06 PM, Dan Pritts wrote:

Secondly, the last line indicates the message was moved to some directory named "bad". Is there some way, once the max_allowed_packet issue is resolved, to take that message file and have Sympa process it again for delivery?

I believe you can just find the file and pipe it into sympa.pl, just as normal delivery does.  I'd test it on a test list first.

I'm not sure how to do this. I tried:

cat bad_msg_file | /home/sympa/bin/sympa.pl

and I got:

May 26 16:30:21 lists sympa[1842]: Could not lock /home/sympa/sympa.pid, process is probably already running : Resource temporarily unavailable
May 26 16:30:21 lists sympa[1842]: Exiting.

I need to somehow feed it to the already running process as simply piping it to the script will try to spawn a new instance and it can't because the PID file is already in use.

--

remo del bello

systems administrator
w.562.753.0783   designory.com

This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed
and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure.
Dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone
other than the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering the message
to the intended recipient, is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately
notify us by calling The Designory Help Desk at (562) 624-0333.