en - Re: [sympa-users] dkim in 6.1.1

  • From: Adam Bernstein <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] dkim in 6.1.1
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 10:03:52 -0800

Serge -- thanks for the suggestions about easier testing methods. We'll see what we turn up.

And Micah (good to hear from you!) -- yes, we have tried activating DKIM via Postfix with the DKIMProxy module, and that was easy to set up and worked great. But as Serge says, doing it at the Sympa level would let us sign just some messages and not others. That's pretty attractive, certainly for testing purposes, but mostly because we saw (as expected) a vastly increased CPU load from the unlimited DKIM signing. So we're not sure we can manage it on all list messages; we might need to restrict it to only administrative messages or similar, even on the new server we just installed. That would be frustrating, since DKIM may become increasingly necessary for deliverability of list traffic especially, but it would still be better than no signing at all.

adam