en - [sympa-users] Specific List Moderation Question

  • From: Robert Beer <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Specific List Moderation Question
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 14:09:16 -0400

I have a need for several moderated lists. Currently there are no moderators
defined for these lists and send is set to moderated even for the moderators.
The list owners do the moderation. The situation I would like to inquire
about is how could I add one or more persons that could send to these several
lists without having the list owners having to moderate the message.

My understanding is that I may be able to add one or more moderators and
change the send to just moderated. However, doing that would obviously send
all of the messages to the person(s) added as moderator and the list owners
would cease getting the notices of messages to moderate.

The persons sending messages to the list without list owner moderation are
sending out a notice of closing for bad weather or other emergency message.
Therefore, it would be nice to grant them the ability to send an emergency
notice and not be burdened with all of the other day-to-day messages to
moderate.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to change the configuration of a list to
do this?

--
Bob Beer <address@concealed>
Ohio Northern University, Information Technology, Ada, OH 45810