en - RE: [sympa-users] Specific List Moderation Question

  • From: "Malcolm Waltz" <address@concealed>
  • To: "Robert Beer" <address@concealed>, <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] Specific List Moderation Question
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 11:39:17 -0700

Hi Bob,

The method that I use for this is add the owners as moderators with
visibility set to "noconceal" and reception mode set to "mail". Add the
un-moderated members as moderators, set the visibility to "conceal" and
the reception mode to "nomail". Finally set the list send mode to
"Moderated (editorkey)".

This solution is not ideal, as it still gives these users moderator
privileges when it probably isn't needed (or wanted), but they shouldn't
get the moderation messages, and the owners (now set as moderators),
will continue to get the moderation notifications. Also, unlike the
"Moderated, even for moderators (editorkeyonly)" option, the owners will
no longer be moderated.

I would still prefer per member moderation settings (similar to
Mailman), but I haven't figured out how to do that yet. I would be
happy to hear of any other techniques.

Malcolm Waltz
Unix Systems Administrator III
Office of Information Technology