en - Re: [sympa-users] Specific List Moderation Question

  • From: Miles Fidelman <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Specific List Moderation Question
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 15:35:24 -0400

I have a need for several moderated lists. Currently there are no
moderators defined for these lists and send is set to moderated even for
the moderators. The list owners do the moderation. The situation I
would like to inquire about is how could I add one or more persons that
could send to these several lists without having the list owners having
to moderate the message.

one way to do this is to set up two lists:
1. the "real" one containing everybody on the list - set up as a standard, moderated list
2. another list, not used to send mail, but just to hold the names of people allowed to send un-moderated messages

then, assuming the lists are named "list" and "list-allowed-senders:"

3. go into the admin interface for the "real" list (i.e., "list")
and track down to edit-list-config>sending/receiving setup

4. in the box titled "who can send messages" (where you set the list as moderated), click on "scenario source"

5. insert a line along the lines of

is_subscriber(list-allowed-senders,[sender]) smtp,smime,md5 ->do_it
(note that lines are executed in the order listed, so put this before the line that send the message to a moderator)

and hit save

---
You're telling sympa to take any messages, sent by addresses subscribe to list-allowed-senders to send unmoderated messages to "list"

I actually do this in reverse for one list - using a similar scenario to modify new, and/or troublesome subscribers to an otherwise unmoderated list.

Hope this helps,

Miles Fidelman

In<fnord> practice, there is. .... Yogi Berra