en - Re: [sympa-users] Postfix to sympas script

  • From: "Roger B.A. Klorese" <address@concealed>
  • To: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • Cc: Bastien ROUCARIES <address@concealed>, <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Postfix to sympas script
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 10:44:31 -0700

On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 17:29:58 +0200, David Verdin <address@concealed> wrote:

And BTW could you include this script in the next sympa version ?

No. It is a contribution, so it will remain freely accessible on the Sympa web site, but we won't integrate it to the Sympa distribution. The main reason for this is that we can't maintain it, and thus can't endorse the responsibility of its distribution.

Due to the limitations of human brain, I fail to remember all the mails.
So if you want your bug reports or feature requests for Sympa to be processed, please post them to the Sympa tracker
This is somewhat troubling.
Are you actually saying that code not developed by your group cannot be accepted into the core distribution?
It seems to me like the path to this can be: you inspect it, you test it, you agree to adopt it, and you take over its maintenance...
If this works as documented, it it a clear and easy path to Postfix integration, and multi-MTA support clearly is needed by a broader community of users.