en - [sympa-users] Reposting: Implementing per-subscription moderation

  • From: "Roger B.A. Klorese" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Reposting: Implementing per-subscription moderation
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 10:34:08 -0700

Sorry for my impatience, but determining how we are going to resolve the
requirement for per-subscriber moderation -- whether it can be implemented
with existing features or if we need to do new development -- is the only
true blocker to our moving 40+ domains off Majordomo 2 to Sympa.

Unfortunately, the documentation for use of
db_additional_subscriber_fields doesn't fully help.

The current situation is:

1) moderated_subscriber is defined as enum('true','false') in the
subscriber_table.
2) moderated_subscriber is listed in /etc/sympa.conf in
db_additional_subscriber_fields

As a result:

1) moderated_subscriber is shown as an additional column in the subscriber
review summary
2) moderated_subscriber is shown as a text entry field (not selectable
enum) in the per-subscriber details

However:

1) As it's a text field, it's not clear to me what to enter in order to
match a test
2) With the rules below -- modified from an existing scenario -- the test
is not triggered:

title.gettext restricted to subscribers

is_editor([listname],[sender]) smtp,smime,md5 -> do_it
is_owner([listname],[sender]) smtp,smime,md5 -> do_it
match([subscriber->moderated_subscriber],/'true'/) smtp,smime,md5
-> editorkey
is_subscriber([listname],[sender]) smtp,smime,md5 -> do_it
true() smtp,md5,smime ->
reject(reason='send_subscriber')

Do I have the test wrong? Is it an issue of the entered data? Is it
possible to do a test like this one at all?

3) For extra credit, if the simple case works, can it be made more
explicit by testing is_subscriber AND the match in a single condition?