en - Re: [sympa-users] Reposting: Implementing per-subscription moderation

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: "Roger B.A. Klorese" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Reposting: Implementing per-subscription moderation
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 17:38:17 +0200

Roger,

Le 15/07/2010 17:27, Roger B.A. Klorese a écrit :
address@concealed"> On 7/15/10 8:09 AM, David Verdin wrote:
address@concealed"> The match rule should not contain quotes. Now, it is looking for a string whose value is 'true', not true.
You could use equal(), too, which takes quotes:
equal([subscriber->moderated_subscriber],'true')    smtp,smime,md5    -> editorkey
It should then work.

Thanks for this catch -- it works perfectly now.
Good. :)
address@concealed">Because we're not a unified organization, we won't have a central list of moderated users.  And the moderation state for individual subscribers is likely to be transient -- based on an "if you break the rules you're moderated for 30 days" type of thing.  So having list-owners set a single attribute is probably the way to go.

(Given the simplicity with which this is done the other way -- an attribute of each subscription, settable and reviewable by list-owner -- would you consider it as a standard feature if there were sufficient demand?)
Yes.
We have a lot of features that converge towards that kind of behaviour, including the db additional fields, the  custom user attributes, the subscription suspension and so on.
All we need is time to unify these features. Old story... :-\

Anyway, I'm glad this worked for you. Welcome - again - in Sympa!

Regards,

David

--
David Verdin
Comité réseau des universités

Due to the limitations of human brain, I fail to remember all the mails.
So if you want your bug reports or feature requests for Sympa to be processed, please post them to the Sympa tracker