en - [sympa-users] Upgrade strategy from Sympa 3.4.3 to Sympa 6.x

  • From: "Jean-Baptiste Denis" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Upgrade strategy from Sympa 3.4.3 to Sympa 6.x
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 11:48:43 +0200

Hello everybody,

i'm quite new to Sympa mailing list software, and i need to update it from
version 3.4.3 running on a Postgresql database to a 6.x version. I'm
wondering
about the best upgrade strategy to adopt.

The NEWS file in the source directory is a quite nice since it seems to list
the database updates to apply manually at each revision.

My plan is to update Sympa 3.4.3 to each version which need a manual database
update and to deal with problems from here.

What do you think about it, do you have any advice ?

Regards,

Jean-Baptiste Denis