en - [sympa-users] Topic subscriptions

  • From: "Dempsey, Steve AZ" <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Topic subscriptions
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 10:02:09 -0700

Hello sympa experts,

We are trying to use the topics filtering feature and found an
undesirable behavior. If the list owner changes visibility of the
list, all subscribers' topic selections are reset (cleared). Was
this done by design?

Also related to topics, some list owners want to control the topic
selections for the subscribers. I know it would be technically possible
to extend the gui for this, not sure if that would be appropriate.
An alternative I suggested was to create sub-lists, subscribing the
sub-list by topic from the main list, then the owner can control
subscribers of each sub-list. This should suffice for a small number
of topics but would not scale well.

-Steve