en - Re: [sympa-users] All receivers in To: header

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] All receivers in To: header
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 09:10:24 -0400 (EDT)

So it will be possible to send a message with the subscriber
email in the To: header with that version.

I'm on some lists that do this and have never understood the
appeal or rational for doing it. Personally I find it
useful to be able to distinguish between messages that were
sent to me personally as verses being a member of a group.
Having the subscriber's address used in the To: field erases
this clear distinction.

As for including a list of the recipients in the posting, I
can see how this could be useful for some organizations.
But a better place to put this information would be in the
body of the message, say as an automatic message footer.
Something like:

This message distributed to:

John Smith Jane Doe Herman Melville
Albert Einstein Marie Curie etc....

However automatically appending text to an e-mail message is
no longer a simple thing to do thanks to our wonderful world
of MIME e-mail.

...BC

--
| Bill Costa | No good
| 1 Leavitt Lane Voice: | deed...
| CIS/Telecom -- 1st Floor +1-603-862-3056 |
+---------------[ http://pubpages.unh.edu/~wfc/ ]--+