en - Re: [sympa-users] All receivers in To: header

  • From: Paul Menzel <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] All receivers in To: header
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 11:38:31 +0200

Dear Daniel,

Am Donnerstag, den 10.09.2009, 11:10 +0200 schrieb
address@concealed:
> I'm relativly new in sympa and have a question that our list users asked me:
>
> They want to have the complete list of receivers (at least those who are not
> marked as invisible) in their TO or CC Mail headers (message body). This is
> necessary for their workflow.
>
> An example
>
> Person a and b are receivers
>
> Person a gets:
> To: address@concealed
>
> Person b gets:
> To: address@concealed

Is there already a scenario to get this working. I thought the list
address was put into the To-Header?

> What they now want is:
> To: address@concealed, address@concealed, address@concealed, ...
>
> Is it possible to just configure or do i need to modify some code?

Well I think such a „feature“ does not exist and mailing lists try to
prevent that. So I guess you need to start coding.

I see two other solutions though.

1. If you use LDAP you could give them access with this method.
2. Sympa has an email interface which has a command returns you the
members of a list right away [1]. Send HELP to your Sympa daemon to get
a list of the supported commands.

Bests,

Paul

[1] http://www.sympa.org/overview/features#email_commands