en - Re: [sympa-users] SPAM problem

  • From: Serge Aumont <address@concealed>
  • To: Muhammed Sameer <address@concealed>
  • Cc: Carsten Aulbert <address@concealed>, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] SPAM problem
  • Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 16:24:44 +0200

Muhammed Sameer wrote:

>> Another solution is to go in a direction where Sympa robot
>> mail
>> interface is closed except for message submission to lists.
>> The web
>> interface is good enough for all services, isn't it ?
>>

> * In an organistion like mine this will be a big issue and productivity
> drainer.
>
> * Users are just used to hitting the reply all button and it would be too
> unconvinient to read the message in the MUa then login to the interface
> then click on the list name then search the archive for that message then
> post a reply
>
> * I already hear a big NO from all my users <smile>

The one time ticket url mechanism in Sympa is an answer to most of the
problems you report about : users don't need to login, to look for a
list etc ; they receive a message and just perform an action by one click.

Don't worry, we use to make all features configurable in Sympa ; that
why there is so many parameters. Sure, If we look for this direction, we
will not remove the mail command interface !

Serge