en - Re: [sympa-users] SPAM problem

  • From: Muhammed Sameer <address@concealed>
  • To: Carsten Aulbert <address@concealed>, Serge Aumont <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] SPAM problem
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 06:49:54 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Tue, 8/4/09, Serge Aumont <address@concealed> wrote:

> From: Serge Aumont <address@concealed>
> Subject: Re: [sympa-users] SPAM problem
> To: "Carsten Aulbert" <address@concealed>
> Cc: address@concealed
> Date: Tuesday, August 4, 2009, 4:35 AM
> Carsten Aulbert wrote:
> > On Tuesday 04 August 2009 09:14:00 Serge Aumont
> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> You may have a look at http://www.sympa.org/manual/antispam
> >>
> >> If you don't have antispam filter engine running
> on the MTA serving
> >> Sympa, you should consider private list. private
> list are list where
> >> message from non subscribers are rejected. There
> are several scenario
> >> send with variations based on that idea. Check
> them.
> >>

> > However, there is also another problem:
> >
> > When someone sends forged spam to address@concealed,
> usually it replies that it
> > does not recognize the command and sends back the full
> email to the forged
> > from address, i.e. it seems to act as a spam-bouncer.
> >
> > I think the behaviour per se is ok, however, spamlist
> such as RBL don't think
> > so and I was on their list already 3 times (at least
> only for 24h at a time).
> >
> > Right now, I blocked the address and find a nice and
> easy way for "my" users to
> > use this address.
> >
> > has anyone solved this problem?
> >
> If message is tagged by an antispam filter, Sympa robot
> does NOT reply
> to those messages.  "False negative" will still exists
> event if the
> antispam filter is a very good one. So you could tune Sympa
> antispam
> feature in order to ignore more messages (using a lower
> score to detect
> message as spam) but you may have more "false postive" and
> this may
> affect messages sent to lists.
>
> Another solution is to go in a direction where Sympa robot
> mail
> interface is closed except for message submission to lists.
> The web
> interface is good enough for all services, isn't it ?

* In an organistion like mine this will be a big issue and productivity
drainer.

* Users are just used to hitting the reply all button and it would be too
unconvinient to read the message in the MUa then login to the interface then
click on the list name then search the archive for that message then post a
reply

* I already hear a big NO from all my users <smile>

Regards,
Muhammed Sameer