en - Re: [sympa-users] SPAM problem

  • From: Carsten Aulbert <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] SPAM problem
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 09:25:23 +0200

On Tuesday 04 August 2009 09:14:00 Serge Aumont wrote:
> Hi
>
> You may have a look at http://www.sympa.org/manual/antispam
>
> If you don't have antispam filter engine running on the MTA serving
> Sympa, you should consider private list. private list are list where
> message from non subscribers are rejected. There are several scenario
> send with variations based on that idea. Check them.

However, there is also another problem:

When someone sends forged spam to address@concealed, usually it replies that
it
does not recognize the command and sends back the full email to the forged
from address, i.e. it seems to act as a spam-bouncer.

I think the behaviour per se is ok, however, spamlist such as RBL don't think
so and I was on their list already 3 times (at least only for 24h at a time).

Right now, I blocked the address and find a nice and easy way for "my" users
use this address.

has anyone solved this problem?

Cheers

Carsten