en - Re: [sympa-users] Re: Login to https://listes.cru.fr/sympa

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: Paul Menzel <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Re: Login to https://listes.cru.fr/sympa
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 11:44:13 +0100

Hi Paul,

Paul Menzel a écrit :
Dear David,

Am Mittwoch, den 21.01.2009, 11:02 +0100 schrieb David Verdin:

Hi and sorry for the late answer. I was buried in the 5.4.5 finalisation. ;)

No problem and thank you for your fine work with Sympa.

Thanks !
The Sympa wiki uses Sympa authorization. Shortly: the access rights
depend on list subscription.
All our services use now Shibboleth authentication (see:
http://shibboleth.internet2.edu/). You authenticate to our Shibboleth
identity provider (which we call the "CRU accounts") and it send to the
applications the attributes needed for authorization. Namely your email
address.
consequently, you must set up a CRU account to be able to log into the
wiki or the Sympa web interface. The good news is that you have only one
login or password for both services. They share  single sign on through
Shibboleth, and Sympa has the role of group manager, handling all the
authorizations for the wiki edition.
The bad news is that Sympa is now unable to send you a password
reminder, because all these passwords are handled by Shibboleth.

So, you must create a "comptes CRU" in which your user name is the full
email address with which you are subscribed.

Understood. Thank you for your explanation. One last question regarding
this issue.

What happened to the accounts formerly created using the old dialogue?
Were they deleted? So I just need to create a CRU account with this
address?

No, the former accounts were not deleted. Most of them have been migrated to Shibboleth. I forgot this part, sorry.
So actually it is likely that you have a CRU account already. Try your former password after clicking the "Login with your CRU account" button.

So, to comment you email:

Paul Menzel a écrit :

I am still having problems to log in. I found out how to get to a dialog
where I can enter a username and password by trying to subscribe to
another list.

Could you give me the URL to this dialog? It should not appear. Giving a
username and password directly to Sympa will fatally lead to a failed login.

Go to [2] not being logged in, select a list and the Subscribe. It is
asked for your username and password afterwards [3].

[2] https://listes.cru.fr/lists/informatique/sympa
[3] https://listes.cru.fr/sympa/subscribe/sympa-dev

[…]

Thank you. It is an error indeed. We will find a way to avoid such confusions.
Thank you for the feedback!
Thank you very much for the detailled response.

You're welcome! ;)

Regards,

David
--