en - [sympa-users] Re: Login to https://listes.cru.fr/sympa

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: Paul Menzel <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: Login to https://listes.cru.fr/sympa
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 11:02:15 +0100

Hi and sorry for the late answer. I was buried in the 5.4.5 finalisation. ;)

The Sympa wiki uses Sympa authorization. Shortly: the access rights depend on list subscription.
All our services use now Shibboleth authentication (see: http://shibboleth.internet2.edu/). You authenticate to our Shibboleth identity provider (which we call the "CRU accounts") and it send to the applications the attributes needed for authorization. Namely your email address.
consequently, you must set up a CRU account to be able to log into the wiki or the Sympa web interface. The good news is that you have only one login or password for both services. They share single sign on through Shibboleth, and Sympa has the role of group manager, handling all the authorizations for the wiki edition.
The bad news is that Sympa is now unable to send you a password reminder, because all these passwords are handled by Shibboleth.

So, you must create a "comptes CRU" in which your user name is the full email address with which you are subscribed.

So, to comment you email:

Paul Menzel a écrit :
I am still having problems to log in. I found out how to get to a dialog
where I can enter a username and password by trying to subscribe to
another list.
Could you give me the URL to this dialog? It should not appear. Giving a username and password directly to Sympa will fatally lead to a failed login.
But, although I am sure the entered password is correct, I was not
accepted and trying to send it to me I got the following error.

ERROR (requestpasswd) - You cannot receive a password reminder ; likely
because your password is managed outside Sympa (Single Sign-On system or LDAP
directory).
We should also remove this link. sympa can't send you a password renewal, so it should not propose a link to do so.
What am I doing wrong. As written in a different message on the left
side there is also only a button with Connexion display which directs me
to the CRU-Login page [1]. There are no username or password fields.
This is the right page. The one and only truth. ;)
When you click on "connexion" on the list server or in the wiki, you are redirected to a web page whose URL starts with "https://federation.cru.fr/wayf/"; followed by a lot of arguments.
In this page, click on the "Create your CRU account" button. A form is then displayed in which you must at least fill your email address and a password.
Once you have submitted the form, a mail is sent to the address you provided to confirm you account creation.
You can then go back to the wiki or the Sympa interface. You click on "connexion" and this time, click on the "Login with your CRU account" button.
On the next page, fill your email and password and submit. You are logged in.
Note that if you tick the checkbox below the "Login with your CRU account" button, you will not be presented this page anymore and be automatically redirected to the login page.

The account creation page can seem long, but remember that it provides you a single sign on for both Sympa and Dokuwiki.
We also use this system, along with the wiki farm functionality in dokuwiki for working groups: we can automatically create a wiki for each list, with the access rights defined by list subscription. this way, a working group can have both a way to broadcast information (the mailing list) and to create documents collboratively (the wiki).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Thanks,

Paul

[1]
https://federation.cru.fr/wayf/?shire=https%3A%2F%2Flistes.cru.fr%2Fsympa%2Fsso_login%2Ffederation_cru%2FShibboleth.sso%2FSAML%2FPOST&time=1232527000&target=cookie&providerId=https%3A%2F%2Flistes.cru.fr%2Fsympa

--
David Verdin
Comité réseau des universités