en - Re: [sympa-users] Message::new() Cannot open message file ... Permission

  • From: Simon Taylor <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Message::new() Cannot open message file ... Permission
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 16:57:55 +1100

Hello Muhammed,

I have installed sympa on centos 5 and it is running smoothly,
during installation time even i had such errors though not the one that you
are encountering and this is what I did

backed up my /home/sympa to /root/sympa.bak so that I have the snapshot of
the original install that's giving me problems, then I ran the following
command

chown sympa.sympa -R /home/sympa
and this command magically solved all my problems.

Thanks very much for your reply.

I made a snapshot of the original install, ran the chown and restarted sympa.

Unfortunately, I'm still getting the same symptoms.

Regards,

Simon