en - Re: [sympa-users] Message::new() Cannot open message file ... Permission

  • From: Thomas Berry <address@concealed>
  • To: Simon Taylor <address@concealed>
  • Cc: David Verdin <address@concealed>, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Message::new() Cannot open message file ... Permission
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 13:12:16 -0800

Simon Taylor wrote:
Hello David,

I've noticed that when the message first appears in the spool/msg directory, it has
these permissions:

-rw------- 1 root mail
No.
It should have these permissions:
-rw-r----- 1 sympa sympa
This way, Sympa could handle the message.
As your settings on wwsympa seem correct (still, you should check that wwympa.fcgi is run under the right uid with a ps -ef | grep sympa), it must come from somewhere else.

Please check that the queue program has the right permissions. Something like:

-rwsr-xr-x 1 sympa sympa 12133 Nov 18 16:05 bin/queue

Like I said in my original email, the permissions appear to be correct:

: I believe my permissions are correct:
:
: # ls -l queue bouncequeue
: -rwsr-xr-x 1 sympa sympa 11094 Nov 2 22:58 bouncequeue
: -rwsr-xr-x 1 sympa sympa 12156 Nov 2 22:58 queue

Has anyone on this list installed Sympa on Centos before?

I'm wondering whether apache is refusing to run a setuid program..... I'll test this
soon.

- Simon

We will be running Sympa on CentOS 5 very soon. I'm hoping to start testing our custom Sympa installation (RPM) next week.

Thomas