en - [sympa-users] SMTP rate limiting

  • From: Richard Gilbert <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] SMTP rate limiting
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 17:07:17 +0100

We are using SYMPA 5.3.4 with Exim. When a message is sent to all our ~30,000 users it gets sent out as fast as SYMPA can manage. This has an adverse effect on the two IMAP servers containing the users' mailboxes. I would like to be able to restrict the rate at which messages are sent out. I have reduced maxsmtp to 5 and nrcpt to 50 but SYMPA still managed to send to all addresses in less than 3 minutes.

Can anyone suggest how I should do this?

Thank you in anticipation.

--
Richard Gilbert
Corporate Information and Computing Services