en - Re: increasing SMTP concurrency, was: [sympa-users] SMTP rate limiting

  • From: Patrick von der Hagen <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: increasing SMTP concurrency, was: [sympa-users] SMTP rate limiting
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 18:41:42 +0100

Micah Anderson schrieb:
[....]
> I have increased sympa.conf's maxsmtp 200 from 100 (as well as
> postfix's smtp process limits), but that didn't change anything in the
> times.
"distribution_mode fork" might help a little bit, if not already set....
The major question is: postfix or sympa?
For example, while the MTA should probably scan all e-mails from the
outside sent to sympa for spam or viruses, it should not scan messages
leaving sympa (since they have already been scanned on the way in.
I'm no postfix-guy, but my MTA differentiates between in and out....
You already mentioned postfix-process-limits.... can you verify during
distribution if those limits are really used of if there is just not
enough sympa-input?
Postfix includes tools to perform performance-testing (smpt-source,
smpt-sink), perhaps you can send some hundred test-messages to a
test-recipient? smtp-source uses smtp and would be less efficient than
calling /usr/lib/sendmail, but it should give you an idea wheter sympa
or postfix have to be tuned.

(I don't claim that it is not a sympa-problem. But I could give less
advise in that case. ;-))

--
CU,
Patrick.