en - Re: [sympa-users] Whitelisting sympa users in postfix

  • From: Cefiar <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Whitelisting sympa users in postfix
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 15:03:50 +1100

On Thursday 27 March 2008 00:32:28 Dallas Wisehaupt wrote:
> Russ,
>
> I don't think this would be straightforward, but you may be able to use
> an check_sender_access restriction before your RBL checks. You can have
> check sender_access reference any type of type:table including ones
> backed by mysql. I'd suggest taking a look at the following:
> http://www.postfix.org/DATABASE_README.html
> http://www.postfix.org/mysql_table.5.html
> http://www.postfix.org/access.5.html
>
> I wouldn't say 100% that this would work but it at least looks
> promising.
>
> In addition, you might get a better answer from the postfix mailing
> list since this is really a postfix configuration issue.

The other option is to write your own postfix policy daemon that can perform
the checks you want. I've been thinking for a while about modifying sqlgrey
(a postfix policy daemon that implements greylisting) to allow queries to
arbitarily defined tables (in addition to it's normal ones) for whitelisting
purposes, but I've not had the time to look at it.

The idea of the above being that addresses get whitelisted depending on not
just where they're coming from but also where they are going to, based on the
subscriber lists.

Note: I've not seen an RBL implemented via a postfix policy daemon, but I
thought it might be worth mentioning the above for those interested/using
greylisting solutions.

--
Stuart Young - aka Cefiar - address@concealed