en - Re: [sympa-users] Whitelisting sympa users in postfix

  • From: Russ Kepler <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Whitelisting sympa users in postfix
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 07:18:00 -0600

On Wednesday 26 March 2008 02:11:10 David Verdin wrote:
> The problem is that Sympa processes mails handled to him by your MTA.
> Consequently, if your MTA rejects a mail during the SMTP session, Sympa
> will never find it in its spools, and won't be able to aplly its
> authorization scenarios to it.

I'm not entirely sure what point you're trying to make here.  What I'm trying
to do is to bypass blackhole tests in postfix of email from addresses in my
sympa list, this so that if/when their domain gets onto a blacklist that
their mail isn't dropped on the floor.

> However, if you use an antispam software, you can build scenario based
> on the SMTP headers written in the message by this software. See the
> authorization scenarios :
> https://www.sympa.org/dev-manual/authorization-scenarios#rules_specificatio
>ns

I'm aware of the authorization, I use it for virus detection and such.  What
I'm looking for is some way of asking sympa to tell me that an address is in
the database somewhere - if so I can bypass the blackhole tests and pass the
message along to sympa for it to do it's thing.  I'm not trying to bypass
sympa or anything, just to use it to bypass some tests outside sympa.