en - Re: [sympa-users] Reply-to on digests won't go away..

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: Darrell Fuhriman <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Reply-to on digests won't go away..
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 09:22:07 +0100

Hi,

Darrell Fuhriman a écrit :
That's not what's happening. People aren't usually replying to a specific message in the digest, they're hitting reply, deleting the message, changing the subject and sending an entirely new message to the list. People don't bother to remember the list address, especially if they're infrequent posters (as digest users often are), they just reply to the last message they got and compose their new message.
Ok. It looks like I didn't realize the core of the problem. People don't reply to the digest. They just use the digest as a source to post a new message. It makes sense for people who don't post often after all.
Sometimes I speak too fast. Sorry.
I see this *all* the time whether from digest users or regular users. One need only use an MUA that threads based on In-Reply-to headers to see how often this happens.
Actually I do. Embedded threads are a pain in... well a pain.

Besides, one of the reasons I like sympa, is that it doesn't generally assume to know better than I do about how to configure the lists. Clearly this is an exception.
Well it is clearly a case we didn't imagine while writing this part of the code.
I'll see what's wrong with that.

Cheers,

David

--