en - Re: [sympa-users] Getting wwsympa.fcgi to execute as sympa user

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: Elwyn Davies <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Getting wwsympa.fcgi to execute as sympa user
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 09:33:28 +0100

Hi,

Elwyn Davies a écrit :
Hi.

I am trying to make a new installation for the first time and am running into problems persuading my system to execute wwsympa.fcgi as user sympa.

The system is Gentoo/Apache2 with a Virtual Server and mod_fcgi. I am using the latest 5.3.4 release.

The wwsympa.fcgi will execute correctly but none of the mechanisms for making the process owned by sympa rather than the Apache user appear to work. Any tricks I use seem to result in an Internal Server error.
Are the mechanisms you mention those described in this page?
http://www.sympa.org/manual/web-interface#wwsympa.fcgi_access_permissions

Logging indicates that the process knows it does not have the correct user but is otherwise working.

I have used the C wrapper but this does not help
I tried using an intermediate perl wrapper to satrt the C wrapper but that did not help.
I have tried SuexecUserGroup for the Virtual Server but that does not help either.

Any suggestions?
Make sure you gave the bit "s" to your C wrapper ? (chown u+s g+s wwsympa-wrapper.fcgi)
And make sure this file belongs to the Sympa user.

Otherwise, try the "sudo" solution as described in the manual page previously mentionned. That's the favoured solution for 5.3.4.

BTW I also tried using SQLite but discovered that sympa.pl is buggy for SQLite. In particular it tries to execute mysql SHOW commands on the SQLite db during db structure checking. I thought of trying to modify it but in the end went for mysql.
Yes, that's a bug we fixed, but in the development version only. You can find the patch here: http://sourcesup.cru.fr/viewvc/viewvc/trunk/src/Upgrade.pm?r1=4578&r2=4631

Regards,
Elwyn Davies

--