en - [sympa-users] Re: Re: Re: Re: Call an external script

  • From: Rustam <address@concealed>
  • To: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: Re: Re: Re: Call an external script
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 12:06:29 +0400

David,

my script gets "ARRAY(0xa80b0b8)" if I use [msg_header->Subject] in the scenario. How to decode this ? The message subject string was "16.10.07 Subject of Test 1".

Thanks a lot for the explanation about [topic] meaning.

Best regards,
Rustam.

David Verdin wrote:
Rustam,

Subject is an SMTP field which doen't have to be related to topics.
If you just need the subject, you should consider using "[msg_header->Subject]" instead of [topic].

For genuine knowledge alone, let's add:
[topic] doesn't represent a subject field of a message. It represents a way to tag a message with a limited number of key words. That's a way to help sorting messages.
They can be in the subject, in the body or in both of them. You can tell Sympa to look for them in one of these fields or in both.
They can be optional, added by the moderator or the sender.
Please, have a look to the "msg_topic", "msg_topic_keywords_apply_on" and "msg_topic_tagging" parameters which control all this.