en - [sympa-users] Re: Zimbra+sympa

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: Brian Riffle <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: Zimbra+sympa
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 10:12:41 +0200

I don't know Zimbra (though the name alone is great) but if it's just a matter of MTA, note that Sympa works perfectly well with postfix.

Regards,

Brian Riffle a écrit :
We love sympa, and run it directly on our mail server, but have been looking at zimbra (www.zimbra.com) and really liking its features over plain sendmail/pop3 for our email needs. Has anyone tried to install sympa on a zimbra machine? I know zimbra is designed to take over the server, kind of like an appliance, but it does seem to rely on postfix for email. We have such a small user base at our school that it would be hard to justify loading sympa on a separate server, and configured as a sub-domain. Perhaps we could use Xen, and install sympa on a VM running on the server?

--
David Verdin
Comité réseau des universités