en - [sympa-users] Using editor_include for lists

  • From: Steven Peterson <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Using editor_include for lists
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 09:51:03 -0400

We would like to include the same two moderators in every list in a given robot, and I believe the list parameter editor_include allows for this but I am not sure how it works yet.

1. To which value do I need to set the user_data_source in order to use an editor_include data_source that has an include_file directive? include or include2

o When talking about data_sources, the manual seems to say that for any data_source to use the include_file directive, the user_data_source value for the robot must be set to 'include'
http://www.sympa.org/wiki/manual/parameters-data-sources#include_file

o But when the manual is talking about data_includes in list configuration, it seems to say the user_data_source must be set to 'include2'
http://www.sympa.org/wiki/manual/list-definition#data_inclusion_file

2. If I use a local file path to the include_file parameter (editors.txt below), where is the path relative to (the data_sources directory?)

3. Is the below configuration correct?

robot.conf has:
user_data_source include2

config file for list has:
editor_include
reception mail
source editorfile

data_sources/editorfile:
include_file ./editors.txt

editors.txt:
address@concealed Joe Blow
address@concealed Jane Doe

Thanks for any direction you can provide.

- Steve