en - [sympa-users] Re: Re: allowing public list creation

  • From: John-Paul Robinson <address@concealed>
  • To: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: Re: allowing public list creation
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 04:52:04 -0600

Step two revealed the problem (all other tests were passed).

When I ran step two I got the error:

Unable to access yes

Same result code (5) and similar message as from the sympa.log but this
time with the filename it was trying to append to.

This filename crept in via the --with-sendmail_aliases option. In an
earlier effort to fix the alias updating I had set this option but not
specified a file name (since I was happy with the default
/etc/mail/sympa_aliases and I just wanted to ensure that this option was
forced on). But, since there wasn't value given it defaulted to "yes",
so SENDMAIL_ALIASES in the Makefile got set to "yes" and the error
propogated to alias_manager.pl. What's odd is that my /etc/sympa.conf
setting didn't seem to be overriding the alias_manager.pl's value.

Anyway, this is an older version and I didn't follow directions, but I
would have expected that a bare --with-sendmail_aliases would have
defaulted to the sane default and not "yes". This may be an issue with
"configure" and not sympa. It may be that you've already fixed this.
It may also be that this is expected behavior.

In any case, thanks for helping me move past this problem. :)

~jpr