en - [sympa-users] Re: allowing public list creation

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: John-Paul Robinson <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: allowing public list creation
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 09:57:17 +0100

Strange, I suggest you check these points :
  • Double-check that wwsympa is running as 'sympa' user, with ps.
  • Try running alias_manager.pl from the command line, as user 'sympa' : su sympa -c "/home/sympa/bin/alias_manager.pl add yourlist listdomain"
  • Try to append something in the alias file, as user 'sympa' : su sympa -c echo '' > /etc/mail/sympa-aliases.
  • Check that the 'sendmail_aliases' sympa.conf parameter points to the right file

John-Paul Robinson wrote:
Ah, the sympa.conf setting wasn't update. :)

It works but now I get the list aliases dumped to the user instead of
added to the sympa aliases file.  I thought I had tha part set up right.

I'm getting a sympa.log error that sympa can't append to
/etc/mail/syamp-aliases.  This file is owned by sympa and writable.  I run
wwsympa as sympa via fcgi.

Is there a permission setting I'm overlooking?  I looked in
alias_manager.pl and it seems to just try to append this file so if it's
writable by the sympa (or whoever owns the process) it should work.  I've
set things so the anyone can write to /etc/mail/sympa_aliases but the list
creation aliases are still dumped to the user and sympa.log still sez

admin::install_aliases : Unable to append to alias file

Not sure what I'm missing.