en - Re: [sympa-users] Problems getting sympa to use static .css file

  • From: Adam Bernstein <address@concealed>
  • To: "Ward, Michael" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Problems getting sympa to use static .css file
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 09:30:48 -0700

I find it odd though that I had to do this (and that I couldn't find any
reference to having to do this anywhere). I would have thought clicking
the 'install static css' button was going to generate and setup sympa to
actually use my static .css as well - yet it continues to use the
default. The button should be called 'create static css' then the user
given further instructions on how to actually make the static css
active.

I think it does give those instructions actually, though maybe not clearly.

On another note - rather than me spending hours customising the .css
file for a new look, do you know if there are any custom .css files
available for sympa as 'skins'? Would be nice to be able to change the
look and feel of the site according to user preference.

There may be some other skins (stylesheets) out there -- I think David Eads posted something a while ago? and RiseUp.net has a nice look, though I'm not sure what version they're running now -- but there's currently no capacity for per-user settings for the stylesheet. It would be nice.

ab