en - Re: [sympa-users] Question about dynamic inclusion

  • From: Jeff Abbott <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Question about dynamic inclusion
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 20:10:48 -0500

On Nov 4, 2005, at 9:39 AM, Olivier Salaün - CRU wrote:

That's the standard behavior of Sympa : owners and editors don't receive posts unless they are subscribed to the list
But you're not the first who is surprised by this behavior so we might change or extend it...

For what it's worth Majordomo also works this way.

I think it's the right way to do it so long as you make the owners aware that this is the case. I've known enough owners who didn't want to get list postings, and I think it's easy enough to say being an owner and being a subscriber are two separate things.

Just my thoughts.

Thanks,
Jeff