en - Re: [sympa-users] Sympa's strange behaviour (Possible cause identified)

  • From: Johann Spies <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Sympa's strange behaviour (Possible cause identified)
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 12:13:10 +0200

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 10:55:19AM +0200, Johann Spies wrote:

> I have replaced majordomo with sympa as our main listserver and it
> worked well on Debian Stable for a few weeks. Now users are
> starting to complain about Sympa being very slow to deliver mail. I
> have tested it and it is so.

There is a list "ips" on sympa and there is also a user (the
administrator of the ips list) using ips as username. The sympa list
address is address@concealed and the second user's email address is
address@concealed.

In the router section (shown below) of exim4 I have the following
which was in the beginning of the router section. This has caused
email to address@concealed to go to address@concealed and would probably
have created a loop. I have moved the sympa-routers to much later in
the router section and that has solved this (ips) problem. It also
seems that sympa's cpu-usage is much more "normal" now.

Now I have a question about the sympa-routers in exim: Would it not be
safer in my setup to put the line "domains = mail3.sun.ac.za" in
everyone of them? At the moment it is only in "sympa_user". I am not
quite sure which roles the different routers play in the setup which
make me a bit cautious to do that.

sympa_user:
driver = accept
domains = mail3.sun.ac.za
local_parts = sympa
transport = sympa_pipe

sympa:
driver = accept
require_files = /var/lib/sympa/expl/$local_part
transport = sympa_pipe

sympa_special:
driver = accept
transport = sympa_special_pipe
local_part_suffix = -request : -editor : -unsubscribe
require_files = /var/lib/sympa/expl/$local_part

sympa_subscribe:
driver = accept
transport = sympa_subscribe_pipe
local_part_suffix = -subscribe
require_files = /var/lib/sympa/expl/$local_part

sympa_owner_bounce:
driver = accept
transport = sympa_owner_bounce_pipe
local_part_suffix = -owner
require_files = /var/lib/sympa/expl/$local_part

sympa_bounce:
driver = accept
local_part_prefix = bounce+
transport = sympa_bounce_pipe

Regards

Johann
--
Johann Spies Telefoon: 021-808 4036

"But my God shall supply all your need according to his
riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19