en - Re: [sympa-users] Sympa's strange behaviour

  • From: Johann Spies <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Sympa's strange behaviour
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 09:07:29 +0200

Dear Sergij,

Thank you for your reply.

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 09:04:40AM -0700, Sergiy Zhuk wrote:
> hi
>
> On Fri, 17 Sep 2004, Johann Spies wrote:
>
> > worked well on Debian Stable for a few weeks. Now users are starting
> > to complain about Sympa being very slow to deliver mail. I have
> > tested it and it is so.
>
> What sympa version are you running ?

3.3.3-3

> How many lists do you have ?

46 at the moment if I have counted correctly from the screen of
sympa/wws. Is there a way to query sympa to tell me how many lists
there are? In reaction to LISTS sympa sent me a 33 names (after I
had to restart sympa to react to my request).

> How many of them are "include" lists ?

As far as I know none. The list owners all populated there own lists.

> Did you try using "include2" for them instead ?

I could not see anything in the documentation about "include2". So I
do not know that it is.

> > 9822 sympa 12 0 467M 467M 2028 R 99.8 12.3 3:11 sympa.pl
>
> > When I try and stop the sympa process using "/etc/init.d/sympa
> > stop" it would not die down. I did not want to use a kill -9 in this
>
> It would, you just have to wait long enough, since the OS has to take care
> of memory allocation and swap.
>
> > Exim have delivered mail to sympa but it does not appear in the
> > archive of the list.
>
> Check sympa outgoing directory, all (unprocessed) messages should be there.

There were none. But in /var/spool/sympa/queue there were 61.

> There're some performance tweaks you can do, I just want to make sure you're
> having issues similar to what I'm seeing (see my questions above).

I do not know sympa very well and would appreciate some help please.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies Telefoon: 021-808 4036

"But my God shall supply all your need according to his
riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19