en - Re: [sympa-users] Sympa's strange behaviour

  • From: Sergiy Zhuk <address@concealed>
  • To: Johann Spies <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Sympa's strange behaviour
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 09:04:40 -0700 (PDT)

hi

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004, Johann Spies wrote:

> worked well on Debian Stable for a few weeks. Now users are starting
> to complain about Sympa being very slow to deliver mail. I have
> tested it and it is so.

What sympa version are you running ?
How many lists do you have ?
How many of them are "include" lists ?
Did you try using "include2" for them instead ?

> 9822 sympa 12 0 467M 467M 2028 R 99.8 12.3 3:11 sympa.pl

> When I try and stop the sympa process using "/etc/init.d/sympa
> stop" it would not die down. I did not want to use a kill -9 in this

It would, you just have to wait long enough, since the OS has to take care
of memory allocation and swap.

> Exim have delivered mail to sympa but it does not appear in the
> archive of the list.

Check sympa outgoing directory, all (unprocessed) messages should be there.

There're some performance tweaks you can do, I just want to make sure you're
having issues similar to what I'm seeing (see my questions above).

thanks

--
rgds,
serge